Saturday, July 27, 2013

Today I started packing up the gis for Brazil.

Several people have been helping me sew logo patches on the gis and must be thanked: Sam Geist, Debbie Foster, Rita Barichievich (my mom).
Rick Geist, Kerstin Pakter, Steve Zografos, Alan Barichievich and Leo O'Brien have been especially generous with donations of time, funds and gear. Love you all!

I had some trouble matching tops to pants in some cases, but I needed to get started so I could have an idea of how many bags I will be bringing - extra bag fee is $80 (first 2 are free) , but you get 70# ... rolling bags a must...

Costco sells SpaceBags so I scored there and they are as good as the commercial says.

I get more excited each day because each new day is one day closer to departure and bringing the second half of the project to life.

I will continue to keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kate! And thank you for being a part of Gift of a Gi Round One. My goal is to blog about the trip ... internet not always available where I stay, so it might not be a consistent update, but I will try, Eu tento.

    ReplyDelete